Skip the artificial flavours and preservatives living in premade pasta salads and dig into this super simple pasta salad! This cold little pasta is sure to warm your heart (and your tummy) with it’s fresh vegetables and delectable herbs. Rejoice because your search is over! Now you’ve got the perfect additon to any potluck, barbeque, or side dish to your delish main course. So turn up “Faith” by George Michael and let’s get started because this easy homemade pasta salad is made with love in 20 minutes or less!
Serves: 6-8 Prep: 10 minutes Cook: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 cups of uncooked rotini, elbow macaroni, or other desired pasta
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a roaring boil. Toss in your pasta of choice and cook for roughly 8-12 minutes or until al dente. Drain and rinse well under cold water to cool.
While pasta is cooking, chop the tomatoes, celery, carrots, and onion.
Once cooled, combine all ingredients into a large bowl making sure to coat the pasta evenly.
Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Yummy Additions & Alternatives
- For meat lovers add 1/2 cup salami, cubed
- For vegetable lovers add (one or both) 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- For cheese lovers add 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- For a vegan alternative substitute mayonnaise with veganaise or something similar
See? Nothing to it! Creamy homemade pasta salad with minimal effort, that’s what I’m talking about!
Health & Happiness