Calling all Supermoms & Superdads. All Boss Babes and Busy Bees.
Here’s a recipe you’ll want to keep on the back burner -especially when it’s been one of those days…
You know the ones where all you want to do is put your feet up and pour yourself a generous glass of wine or maybe dig into a pint of cookie dough ice cream (I knew I’d be back for you ice cream!). But instead work kept you late again for the fourth time this week, you barely survive the traffic, you get home and the dogs are barking, the kids are screaming, your house looks like a tornado ripped through it, and you yourself are feeling hangry at best.
Have no fear cause this recipe is ready in less than half an hour so you can get back to what you wanted to do in the first place – put your feet up and binge Netflix
(can I get an amen?)
Pair this with a simple salad, mashed potatoes, or topped on a warm bowl of pasta and you’ve got a winning dish that didn’t leave you slaving over the hot stove. I myself paired this with cauliflower mashed ‘potatoes’ (a recipe that will be coming soon!)
P.S. The shrimp itself (minus the broccoli) makes for an incredibly easy, but savory appetizer. -Try it and you can thank me later!
Before we get started, there’s just a couple things I want to mention that will make this dish so much easier and tastier than it already is!
- To get this show on the road and meal into the oven even faster toss frozen shrimp into a bowl of cold water shrimp in a bowl of cold water BEFORE doing anything else. The shrimp will thaw as you chop the broccoli and prep the baking dish. All you lucky ducks who plan ahead and already have thawed or fresh shrimp can skip this step.
- Don’t shy away from the heat. I’m the kind of person who MAJORLY dislikes anything spicy so I was unsure about using chili flakes in this dish. However, in the end I’m extremely glad I did! It gave the dish more flavor with just a gentle touch of heat (one that won’t leave you with your mouth open looking like a panting dog!). If you’re hesitant about spicy foods, I urge you to try just a touch – you wont regret it! Of course, if you’re one of those people who LOVE spicy go crazy and pile it on there!
Alright, that’s enough chit chat – Let’s get on with it! Turn up (what feels like my personal theme song at the moment) “Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked” by Cage The Elephants and let’s get started.
Serves: 4 Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 20 minutes Preheat: 400 degrees
- 1 (625g) package of shrimp – peeled and deviened
- 3 1/2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese – divided
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil – divided
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano – divided
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder – divided
- 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon of chili flakes – divided
- Everyday S & P to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheight. Then line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to make for an easy clean up.
In a large bowl toss together broccoli and half of the parmesan, olive oil, oregano, onion powder, and chili flakes. Add salt & pepper to taste. Mix together until the broccoli is evenly coated.
Place broccoli mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
While broccoli is cooking, toss together the shrimp and the remaining parmesan, olive oil, oregano, onion power, and chili flakes. Season with salt & pepper, then toss until the shrimp is evenly coated.
After 10 minutes, remove baking sheet from the oven and carefully add the prepared shrimp. Place back into the oven for 6-9 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked through and opaque.
Then, grab a big plate and dish up cause dinner is served!
That’s all there is to this satisfying parmesan shrimp dish – thats all ready in less than 30 minutes! Now that was easy!
Health & Happiness,